Skip to main content
0800 121 4773
Quick exit

Form Meeting Minutes April 2020

Form Meeting Minutes April 2020

 

Forum Meeting

Date:     13th April 2020                               Present: MR, TPT, AB, TPT, SB, GM, JL (chair & minutes)                                                       Apologies: none                                                        

Date of next meeting:  9th June 2020

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Actions from previous meeting (10Feb 2020)

 

All actions have been carried out or are ongoing.

 

Discussed the redrafted Reporting Process Document. MR queried use of the word ‘trend’ in the legislation. Preference for preamble in the document to include a description of NCF’s interpretation of trends in relation to NCF reports. Agreed to add explicit statement that people come to us voluntarily and we can only report on what we hear.

 

 

 

MR to redraft and circulate revised document to all tomorrow.

 

Members to comment or sign off by 20th April.

 

 

 

MR                                by 14.04.20

 

 

ALL                                by 20.04.20

 

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Covid-19 Contingencies

 

All expressed appreciation for the work that has gone into keeping NCF operational over the last few weeks.

 

GM has scoped BT Teams for hearings by video call. AB has encountered some difficulty with this in other settings. All agreed this would need to be tested in house before going live.

 

Discussed impact on SG and outward facing communication regarding NCF timescales and repealing legislation. Query from members about written confirmation of renewed appointment.

 

JL conveyed impact of Covid-19 in cascading important information to stakeholders on Review Group and expressed concern about the delay in this being shared. Recent communication suggests chair of Review Group will circulate JL’s update asap.

 

Maintain and add to risks and action log as required.

 

Set up test runs within next couple of weeks

 

 

 

 

Ask Sponsor Team for written confirmation to be sent out to members

 

GM                               ongoing

 

 

GM, FMs, HCs             by 07.05.20

 

 

 

 

 

JL                                     by 23.04.20

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Communications Update

 

 

 

 

HiM leaflet

 

Discussed the comms update from JW and the planned increase to online activity during Covid-19 restrictions. All appreciate the work that has been undertaken and planned to maintain NCF profile and reach during this time.

 

All had reviewed the new electronic Health in Mind leaflet. Hard copies will be delivered to JW this week and distributed as required when restrictions are relaxed. The new HiM video message went live on the NCF website a few weeks ago and HC’s have been instructed to circulate this to new applicants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leaflets distributed as required when able

 

Video message circulated to new applicants

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HC’s                                  ongoing

 

 

HC’s                                  ongoing

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Hearings by Teleconference

 

 

Agreed that process document for teleconference hearings can be signed off. All thanked AB for helpfully sharing template from BPS. All acknowledge the care and attention that has gone into developing this process over the last few weeks. Agreed that we now need to pilot the process in action before promoting this option.

 

Test runs to be set up in next few weeks

 

GM & FMs, HCs              by 07.05.20

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

Operational Business Plan 2020-21

 

All noted the addition of contingency objectives in relation to Covd-19 and agreed sign off of OBP.

 

Present signed off plan to MWC Board

 

JL                                       by 28.04.20

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Implementation of

Risk Assessment Procedure and

Evaluation Tool

 

GM updated the group on progress made in relation to implementing these agreed actions. Members expressed concern with challenges GM has continued to experience in relation to these. Agreed this needs to be brought for further discussion with MWC to ensure GM is properly supported in her role and staff follow instructions as directed in line with role objectives.

 

GM shared excellent response from participants both in relation to being asked for feedback and on the detail of the very positive feedback provided. GM will collate and analyse and continue to gather more feedback from evaluations still to be carried out.

 

 

 

JL to table agenda item on next teleconference with AM/SB/SR/KM

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue with Evaluation oversight

 

JL                                       by 07.05.20

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GM                                    ongoing

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Annual Report 2019-20

 

 

JL invited members to contribute to the production of the new Annual Report covering the last year. In particular JL requested input on: Challenges; Good news stories; Achievements; Improvements. Members will think over and submit details to JL in coming weeks. Members suggested section on Remote Hearings, Written Hearings; Presentations delivered to external audiences, for example: SPOC Team. Agreed section on Evaluation outcomes would be of interest.

 

Discussed need for good attrition data to be gathered and importance of not only reporting on this but using the data to inform decisions on improvements to NCF. Frustration expressed that despite requests for this over the last year the data has not been sought or interrogated.

 

JL has extended similar invitation to staff team and hopes to have draft ready for MWC Board in June.

 

 

Members to provide draft contributions to report to JL

 

 

 

 

 

 

GM to draft section on Evaluation

 

 

 

 

 

GM will look into this further with staff

 

 

ALL                                    by 05.05.20

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GM                                    by 25.05.20

 

 

 

 

 

GM & HC’s                        by 17.05.20   

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Findings Report

 

JL updated group on progress being made. MWC have authorised NCF scoping a new Researcher on consultancy basis and conversations are ongoing. Members are working on production of Terms of Reference for the work. Technicalities of sharing data and software to be explored and ironed out. Forum will offer to meet with research associate to hear views on work produced.

 

Consult with RO in MWC regards IT issues

 

 

 

 

Forum to offer meeting date

 

JL                                      by 17.04.20

 

 

 

 

 

Members                      by 17.04.20

 

NCF Public Record and Data Transfer

 

JL updated the group on progress being made, the complexity and of this work and the time it is consuming. PA, MWC Information Governance Manager is supporting NCF with this significant piece of work. JL has meeting with IT experts in NRS and Talon on 15th April and is in regular communication with NRS in relation to FOISA requirements. Forum hopes to begin to develop options to explore with stakeholders via the Interaction Action Review Group following the outcome of meeting on Wednesday and input from senior officer in NRS.

 

JL to chair IT meeting and report outcome back to members.

 

 

Forum to develop options for stakeholders in relation to NCF public record.

 

JL                                     by 24.04.20

 

 

 

Members                      by 20.05.20

 

AOCB

 

JL checked members had received summary of active testimonies on CRM and clear about the work required to keep within the threshold. All have been taking appropriate steps to progress their tasks on CRM and are being mindful to delete records after publication.

Hearings Process Document was circulated and agreed as signed off.

 

Continue to progress tasks on CRM

 

ALL                                     ongoing

This site uses cookies and other tracking technology to assist with site navigation and feedback, to analyse your use of our site, to assist us with site promotion and to manage content from third parties. Find out more.