Skip to main content
0800 121 4773
Quick exit

Meeting of the Forum Minutes

Forum Minutes 17th June 2019

 

Forum Meeting

Date:     17th June 2019                                    Present: MR, TPT, AB, JL (chair & minutes)                                                           Apologies: SB, KD, SA                                                    

Date of next meeting: Monday 12th August 2019

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Process Matters

 

Pre hearing briefing

Hearing Rooms

Hearing Process

Post Hearing Process

Data Collection

 

 

Agreed that briefing sheet needs to be revised and include known risk factors or health issues, as well as other qualitative information already shared with HC’s.

 

Forum members can and should make decisions on the day of the hearing to better facilitate a positive experience for participants, for eg, using a different room if required.

 

Agreed that atmosphere of rooms can be made more welcoming by purchase of lamps and plants.

 

Discussed improving participant introduction to members in advance of hearings. Agreed to share photos of members alongside a group biography.

 

Data collection process can be very time consuming. JL carried out scrutiny of member hours taken up per hearing. This should reduce now that anonymisation is managed by HC’s. This frees up more time for members to facilitate hearings.

 

JL clarified position regards working time for travel to other locations for hearings. Advised that work related travel for meetings etc can be booked in advance via HC’s.

 

Members were reminded that any issues arising in hearings which merit further support/signposting/advice should be passed to HC’s to follow up, rather than explored within the hearing. It is accepted that forum members have significant expertise to offer at times and as such JL expects HC’s to take advantage of this knowledge and consult with relevant forum members or NCF manager accordingly.

SA and HC’s revising and updating briefing sheet

 

 

 

Use professional judgement to facilitate positive experience

 

Communicate to staff team

 

 

Purchase items by 11th July

 

Draft group bio and circulate in group email, by 21 July

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With effect from July 2019

SA

 

 

 

 

Forum Members and Head

 

 

SA

 

 

Head

 

MR

 

 

 

 

Forum Members

 

 

 

 

Forum Members

 

 

 

 

Forum members, Hearing Co-ordinators and NCF Manager

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

KPI’s for Forum processes

 

 

 

 

Agreed that introducing KPI’s for end to end data processing between members and staff would be beneficial. This will aid accountability for keeping to reasonable timescales and moving data through the journey in a consistent way.

 

Members to discuss further and propose timescales for each part of the data processing journey. KPI’s to be agreed by end July and signed off at next Forum meeting in August.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members and Head and Manager

 

 

 

 

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Quality Standards and QA Monitoring Framework

 

 

 

 

Agreed that the introduction of Practice Quality Standards for the end to end hearing process will be beneficial to the quality of experience of participants and provide a framework us to measure our effectiveness against.

 

Agreed that Head will carry out quarterly monitoring of adherence to Practice Quality Standards using a Quality Assurance Monitoring Tool. This will aid reflective practice discussion and help identify learning needs. SB considering carrying out QA on work of JL, but happy for any forum member to carry this out.

 

Discussed quality assurance and best practice protocols regarding qualitative reports produced by Research Assistant. Agreed this needs professional supervision to ensure confidence and validity of outputs.

 

Head to draft Quality Standards and circulate for discussion.

 

Propose sign off in August Forum meeting.

 

Head and Manager to develop standards and monitoring tool

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Renew contract of external supervisor by 25th July

 

 

Head and members

 

 

Head and members

 

 

Head and Manager

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Manager

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Reflective Practice Group

 

 

 

 

 

Individual External Support

 

 

 

 

Agreed to commence peer reflective practice group from next Forum meeting onwards. 1 hour (or more as required) will be ring fenced for this purpose and agenda will be driven by what members choose to bring. This could be a specific case, part of a transcript, a reflection on feelings, thoughts, visions etc.

 

Discussed the contract with CM and he will be invited to meet members at next Forum meeting. All pleased with the support being offered. JL conveyed that EMDR could also be arranged should members identify a need for this.

 

 

 

 

Members and Head to reflect and share accordingly in August Forum meeting.

 

 

 

 

JL to contact CM by 10 July

 

 

 

 

 

Head and Members

 

 

 

 

 

Head

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

 

Participant Evaluation Form

 

 

 

 

JL conveyed concern over lack of participant engagement with current evaluation tool and explained rationale for revising to a much more user friendly and accessible feedback method. All agreed and look forward to seeing the new tool being developed by HC’s and Manager

 

 

Continue to develop new evaluation tool and bring proposal to Head by21st July

 

 

HC’s and Manager

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

 

NCF Draft Development Plan to 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JL explained strategic purpose of Development Plan to 2021 and stressed the importance of focusing on improvement and consolidation over the next two years. This will enable us to be in a much stronger position in order to contribute to and influence Government policy and provision, ensuring the acknowledgement function remains central to care experienced and survivor support beyond 2021.

 

Development plan will feed in to Operational Business Plan and from there into staff performance objectives each year.

 

No amendments or additions received since circulating.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JL to finalise and present to MWC Board in August

 

Complete Operational Plan 2019-20  by 7th July

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Head

 

 

Manager and Head

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

NCF Options Appraisal Report

 

 

Reflected on conclusions and recommendations.

JL and MWC CEO invited to redress consultation meeting which ties in with points identified in report.

 

 

Continue to engage in opportunities to shape public consultation on redress

 

JL and CMcKay

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

Feedback from Research Associate

 

 

MM joined meeting for short time to share his oversight of anomalies/inconsistencies/anonymisation.

All found this input valuable and have welcomed this becoming a regular feature in forum meetings.

 

AB acknowledge the excellent article written by MM and recently published online and extensively shared. All thanked MM for his work and the importance of this in elevating the position of NCF across the care experienced field.

 

 

 

Members and head to take feedback into consideration and alter their completion of data related tasks if required.

 

 

 

Head and Members

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

 

AOCB

 

Recruitment Update

Comms Review Report

Supervision  & APR

 

 

 

 

JL updated regarding advertisement for Communications and Outreach Officer, closing date Friday 21st June

 

All agreed the comms report was useful and held no surprises but are pleased we are taking Comms in a different direction now which gives us more control over key messages, spending, marketing and engagement.

 

Discussed supervision and APR arrangements for members. Agreed three 1 to 1 meetings per year is sufficient. This will be in addition to Forum meetings, peer reflective practice group, CM additional clinical support and ‘open door’ policy of Head.

 

 

Interviews 10th July

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members to check availability on JL online calendar and send meeting requests for 1 to 1s from now until 31 March 2020. Please action by 21st July

 

 

 

 

SA & JL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members

This site uses cookies and other tracking technology to assist with site navigation and feedback, to analyse your use of our site, to assist us with site promotion and to manage content from third parties. Find out more.