Skip to main content
0800 121 4773
Quick exit

Forum Minutes October 2019

Forum Meeting

Date: 7 October 2019                                      Present: MR, KD, AB, TPT, SB, JL (chair & minutes)                                                            Apologies: None                                                             

Date of next meeting: Monday 18th November 2019

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

Actions outstanding from last meeting

 

Quality Standards

 

Group bio for website

 

 

Revise post-hearing Form

 

KPI’s for hearing workflow

 

 

 

 

Deferred to 2020

 

AB to circulate Draft to members for sign off. JW to update website

 

Defer until December

 

Process mapping day 18th November

 

JL and members

 

AB & JW

 

 

Manager

 

ALL

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

 

Equalities Impact Assessment

 

Discussed practice that had arisen over time which did not take proper account of inequalities in provision for care experienced people. Discussed concern that emerged from staff and how this has been addressed in 1 to 1’s and in EIA. All agreed that the EIA took account of the concerns and arising issues have been mitigated. Forum members fully support implementation of improved hearing times.

Approved and signed off for immediate implementation.

 

LI to Equalities Group for information

 

Website and marketing to reflect Forum decision

Hearing Co-ordinators

 

 

LI by 23rd October

 

 

JW by 25th October

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

 

Findings Report

 

Research supervisor, Dr Sara MacDonald, University of Glasgow joined the meeting. Discussed Forum concerns with the draft report and potential solutions to moving things in the right direction.

 

JL advised that MWC had requested revision of the NCF reporting plan. This has now been completed and approved by the Forum. JL will present at next Board meeting

Send the report questions to Dr MacDonald to take forward with MM

 

 

JL to MWC Board

JL by 15th October

 

 

 

 

JL by 29th October

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

 

Data Protection & Information Security

JL updated Forum on meeting with MWC. All understood the need for refresher training and committed to ensuring attendance for such. All to sign form stating responsibilities of role in regards to DP & IS are understood.

 

Workaround was agreed for a participant with dementia

DP & IS training on 18th November

 

Website to be updated

 

 

 

JL to provide refresher with AW and AB ahead of remote hearing

ALL

 

JW by 25th October

 

 

 

JL AW AB

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

Recruitment Update

 

Comms and Outreach Officer in role.

Manager, GM will commence role in early December, but hopes to join the Process Mapping day on 18th November and will also join the work we have proposed with Taylor Clarke Associates.

Welcome new staff to NCF

ALL

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

Annual Report

 

Hard copies now available for NCF personnel. Will be laid before Parliament early November, embargoed until then.

 

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

Government Consultation on Redress

JL had previously circulated to members for consideration. All agreed that NCF should submit a formal response. This must reflect the expectations as we understand them, from the 177 testimonies we have heard thus far. JL recalled some questions which may prove contentious. Agreed that where we could not with certainty, reflect the collective opinion of the survivors we have heard from, we would refrain from answering those particular questions.

 

Discussed informing NCF participants about the redress scheme. Agreed this falls within the duty of the Forum to keep participants informed of things which may affect them. Decision made to contact all via letter or other appropriate means.

Draft formal response from NCF and circulate to Members for approval.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hearing Co-ordinators to draft letter and send out.

JL by10th November

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LI by 25th October

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Responsible

AOCB

All found the input from SPOC colleagues this morning very useful. JL will pass on thanks

Email SPOC team

JL

This site uses cookies and other tracking technology to assist with site navigation and feedback, to analyse your use of our site, to assist us with site promotion and to manage content from third parties. Find out more.